Mumbwa Climate & Temperature
- Mumbwa, Zambia is at 15°3'S, 27°11'E, 1218 m (3996 ft). See map.
- Mumbwa has a humid subtropical hot summer climate that is mild with dry winters, hot humid summers and moderate seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Mumbwa is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 20.8 degrees Celsius (69.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 8.5 °C (15.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 25.4°C (77.7°F) on average falling to 8.1°C (46.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 30.8°C (87.4°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 16.6°C (61.9°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 27.4°C (81.4°F) and average low temperatures are 17.4°C (63.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 27.2°C (81°F) during the day and lows of 13.3°C (55.9°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 891.2 mm (35.1 inches) which is equivalent to 891.2 Litres/m² (21.86 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Mumbwa you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Hilo, (Big Island), Hawaii, Hawaii where you would find a Tropical wet climate (Subtropical dry forest biome).
Mumbwa Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Mumbwa Climate Graph in Metric Units
Mumbwa Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Mumbwa, Zambia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Kafironda, Zambia - 292.2 kms (181.6 miles) NNE
- Ndola, Zambia - 279 kms (173.4 miles) NE
- Kabwe Agromet, Zambia - 159.8 kms (99.3 miles) ENE
- Kabwe, Zambia - 154.1 kms (95.8 miles) ENE
- Lusaka Int., Zambia - 138.7 kms (86.2 miles) ESE
- Lusaka, Zambia - 143.1 kms (88.9 miles) ESE
- Mt Makulu, Zambia - 126.4 kms (78.5 miles) ESE
- Magoye, Zambia - 113 kms (70.2 miles) SSE
- Makuti, Zimbabwe - 261.5 kms (162.5 miles) ESE
- Kariba, Zimbabwe - 243.1 kms (151 miles) SE
- Karoi, Zimbabwe - 326 kms (202.6 miles) SE
- Tengwe, Zimbabwe - 341.6 kms (212.3 miles) SE
- Binga, Zimbabwe - 284 kms (176.5 miles) S
- Lusulu, Zimbabwe - 341 kms (211.9 miles) SSE